Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The bat that tried to eat me!

Last night Adam went to take a shower before bed and I went upstairs to read. I walked into our room and thought I saw a shadow out of the corner of my eye. The first thing that came to my mind was 'was that a bat?'. Not thinking too much about it I continued into the bathroom and again I thought I saw something fly into my closet! I closed the door to the bathroom and covered my head with a towel because I didn't want it to get caught in my hair. I opened the door to see if it really was a bat and that's when it divebombed me and was then in the bathroom with me. I ran out of the room screaming and downstairs into Adam's bathroom to wait for him to finish showering so he could get rid of it. He laughed at me the whole time I was telling him about what had just happened. I went out into the garage to get the fishing net. Adam told me the net wouldn't work and that he was going to get the shop-vac to suck him up. When I asked what he was going to do once he sucked the bat up he told me he was going to tape the end of the tube. I didn't want to hurt it, I just wanted it out of the house. Adam ended up making an escape route for it taking the screen out of the left window and cranking it open first and then cranking open the right window and shaking it off the screen . Adam is SO brave but I was the support system crouched my the door with a towel over my head!
In talking to my mom about it later I realized that the bat may not have actually been trying to attack me but fly out the windows that were behind me in the bathroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment