Monday, November 2, 2009

NASCAR BABY!!

I knew nothing about NASCAR until actually going to a race this summer. Jamie educated me on the drive there and during the races. When she wasn't next to me the NASCAR fans around me were kind enough to fill me in. I made a lot of friends because I had a lot of questions. We left Minnesota at night and drove straight through to Michigan. We were there for two days of racing. Good times!! I would totally go again! NASCAR fans are wild!

Lake Michigan
Stopping at WalMart to pick up some last minute things... and an air-mattress that I forgot.


Setting up camp.

Our crooked tent.
The trip map
Outside the gates


Inside



Back at camp after the first day of racing.

Day 2 of the Races:
We got to go down into the pits.
Jamie & Maureen
Pit Row:
People write on the walls of pit row. It's so funny!



Looking back up to the stands.
Crossing the Track
Under the Stands
The stands were MUCH more full the second race day!
Maureen & Jamie
Back at Camp - Watching a Movie

1 comment:

  1. That's way awesome! I would love to be able to go to a race some day! :) I'm so glad you were able to go!

    ReplyDelete